After spending last year reliving all of our SXSW memories and counting down the days, hours and minutes until this year’s festival, we’re so excited that SXSW 2012 is finally here. If you’re like any of us, then you’ve got nuisances guests crashing on your couch every night. Since they’ll probably be bothering asking you to drive them around give them a tour of the city and take them to where the locals go, we’d like to encourage you to visit some of our clients.
- Bennu Coffee– Who doesn’t love this place? We definitely recommend The Great Gatsby, Pride and Prejudice or an Iced Bennu for a pick-me-up after a day party. 2001 E. MLK Blvd. Austin, TX 78702
- Blue Dahlia Bistro– Perfect hangover food: Belgian waffles, Goat Cheese Salad, smoked salmon sandwiches. 1115 E. 11th Austin, TX 78702
- Juan in A Million– Adam from Man vs. Food couldn’t break the record for the most Don Juan Tacos ever eaten (seven and a half). Can you? We recommend you start with the Don Juan or one of Juan’s signature breakfast tacos. 2300 Cesar Chavez St. Austin, TX 78702
- Live Oak Brewery– You’ll find a Live Oak beer at any bar worth going to, which is hopefully all of them in Austin. We love the Big Bark Amber Lager, but the more adventurous might want to try Live Oak’s newest brew, Schwarzbier.
- Texas Pie Kitchen– Throw one of these in the fridge and voila! Your guests aren’t going to be eating your groceries. They’ll survive for days on the Gourmet Chocolate Pecan alone.
- Margarita’s Tortilla Factory– You can find these at the Whole Foods Market on 6th Street, although depending on your guests, the concept of “we put everything inside a tortilla” might be a little confusing.
Thanks for reading and supporting the small businesses that keep Austin as weird as ever. Good luck with all of your SXSW plans and we’ll see you at the #17StParty on March 15!