Awards and accomplishments
PeopleFund has established itself as an important source of capital and resources for small
businesses, nonproﬁts and startups located in our region’s low-income neighborhoods.
Loan volume has increased steadily every year since inception and there is every sign that this
growth will continue. By working to achieve both tangible community impact and sound business
practices, PeopleFund has seen remarkable success since 1995.
- 2017 SBA Region 6 Top Lender for Community Advantage Loans
- 2016 Bank of America Neighborhood Builder Award
- 2016 Special Achievement Award: #1 Community Advantage Lender in Dallas/Fort Worth from the SBA
- 2016 SBA Prime award for Technical Assistance from the SBA
- 2016 African American Youth Harvest Foundation Outstanding Partner Award
- 2016 New Markets Tax Credit Allocation from the U.S. Department of Treasury
- 2015 Corporate DiversityFIRST Award from Texas Diversity Council
- 2015 SBA PRIME award for Technical Assistance from the SBA
- 2015 SBA Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year Award – Gary Lindner, presented by Region 6 SBA
- 2015 CEO of the Year Award – Gary Lindner, presented by Austin Business Journal
- 2015 Region 6 Top SBA Lender
- 2015 Citi Leadership Program for Opportunity Finance Fellow – Rocio Vallejo, Director of Lending
- 2014 CDFI Fund Awardee
- 2013 Austin Chamber AT&T Executive Leadership Award for PeopleFund CEO Gary Lindner
- 2009 Bury + Partners Innovation Award in Non-Proﬁt Category at the 9th Annual Austin
- 2009 Austin Chronicle Critic’s Award: Best Loan Arrangers
- 2012 Deal Day Outstanding Lender Award
- Nominee, 2011Envision Central Texas Community Stewardship Award
- 2010 Greenlights for Nonproﬁt Success Innovation Award
- SBA Certiﬁed Microlender and 7a Community Advantage Lender
- 2006 Austin Business Journal Proﬁles in Power Winner awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz
- 6 CDFI Awards from the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- 2004 National Wachovia Excellence Award from National Community Capital in recognition of our leadership on economic issues facing low-income people.
- 2004 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz.
- Austinite of the Year 2003 awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz.
- CARS Analysis rating of AA2+. CARS or CDFI Assessment and Rating System is a comprehensive, third-party analysis of community development ﬁnancial institutions.