Awards and accomplishments
PeopleFund has established itself as an important source of capital and resources for small
businesses, nonproﬁts and startups located in our region’s low-income neighborhoods.
Loan volume has increased steadily every year since inception and there is every sign that this
growth will continue. By working to achieve both tangible community impact and sound business
practices, PeopleFund has seen remarkable success since 1995.
- 2021 – NOVOGRADAC’s 2021 Metro QLICI of The Year Award
- 2021 – PeopleFund will receive a $2 million EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance grant to capitalize and administer a Revolving Loan Fund (RLF)
- 2021 – 2021 Guidestar Gold Seal of Transparency
- 2020 – PeopleFund chosen by Citi Foundation to receive funding from $15 million fund
- 2020 – New Markets Tax Credit Allocation
- 2020 – A Night for Austin beneficiary
- 2020 – PeopleFund chosen by Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) to receive Grow with Google Small Business Funds
- 2019 – New Markets Tax Credit Allocation
- 2019 – CDFI Fund Awardee
- 2019 – Financial Service Champion of the Year – Gary Lindner, awarded by the San Antonio District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- 2018 – Wells Fargo Diverse Community Capital Award
- 2018 – Top MicroLender El Paso Award from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- 2017 – New Markets Tax Credit Allocation.
- 2017 – #2 SBA Community Advantage volume lender in U.S
- 2017 – SBA Region 6 Top Lender for Community Advantage Loans
- 2017 – CDFI Awardee
- 2016 – Outstanding Community Lending Partner by Tory Burch Foundation for loans to Texas women.
- 2016 – Bank of America Neighborhood Builder Award (emerging leader Amber Kani)
- 2016 – Special Achievement Award: #1 Community Advantage Lender in Dallas/Fort Worth from the SBA
- 2016 – SBA Prime award for Technical Assistance from the SBA
- 2016 – African American Youth Harvest Foundation Outstanding Partner Award
- 2016 – New Markets Tax Credit Allocation from the U.S. Department of Treasury
- 2015 – Corporate DiversityFIRST Award from Texas Diversity Council
- 2015 – SBA PRIME award for Technical Assistance from the SBA
- 2015 – Austin Business Journal “Best Non-Profit CEO of the Year”.
- 2015 – SBA Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year Award – Gary Lindner, presented by Region 6 SBA
- 2015 – CEO of the Year Award – Gary Lindner, presented by Austin Business Journal
- 2015 – Region 6 Top SBA Lender
- 2015 – Citi Leadership Program for Opportunity Finance Fellow – Rocio Vallejo, Director of Lending
- 2014 – CDFI Fund Awardee
- 2014 – Capital One “Above and Beyond” Award – for support of veteran entrepreneurs.
- 2013 – New Markets Tax Credit Allocation.
- 2013 – Austin Chamber AT&T Executive Leadership Award for PeopleFund CEO Gary Lindner
- 2012 – Deal Day Outstanding Lender Award
- 2011 – Envision Central Texas Community Stewardship Award Nominee
- 2010 – Greenlights for Nonproﬁt Success Innovation Award
- 2009 – Bury + Partners Innovation Award in Non-Proﬁt Category at the 9th Annual Austin
- 2009 – Austin Chronicle Critic’s Award: Best Loan Arrangers
- 2006 – Austin Business Journal Proﬁles in Power Winner awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz
- 2004 – National Wachovia Excellence Award from National Community Capital in recognition of our leadership on economic issues facing low-income people.
- 2004 – Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz.
- 2003 – PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz awarded Austinite of the Year