EmpowHER is offered in partnership with Opportunity Plus.
Do you think EmpowHER might be a fit for you? Submit the pre-application below and our team will be in touch shortly. We look forward to working with you.
PeopleFund and Opportunity Plus are teaming up to bring microloans, mentorship, and facilitated instruction to women business owners across greater Dallas. Together, we provide economic opportunity so women can build strong businesses and empower one another.
Program Details: Financial inclusion is more than just access to capital. This program combines careful mentorship, classroom instruction, and microloan capital to a cohort of 10 emerging women. Together, this cohort will work through business challenges and lift up one another as they learn from community leaders and field experts. Workshop sessions will take place monthly, with guided mentorship followups in between workshops. Participants will receive a microloan of $1,000-$5,000, and additional capital if eligible at the end of the program. Participants will graduate from the program with capital and strong connections to their community and their fellow EmpowHER entrepreneurs.
Eligibility: Eligibility is based on business plans, credit, and is subject to loan underwriting. For more information please contact Tassjania Lozano, Women’s Business Assistance Center Manager at [email protected] or 469.998.0438.
Workshop Session Details:
- June 20th, 2017: Goal Setting & Measuring Success with John Pruna of P5 Performance
- July 12th, 2017: Personal Branding with Karen Lao of Epsilon
- August 9th, 2017: Resource Leverage and Management with Jennifer Conley of Vinli
- September 14th, 2017: Bookkeeping Basics with Tim Sims of Impact Financial
- October 11th, 2017: Pricing and Profitability with Tisha Vaidya of Pratiksha Jewelry
- November 16th, 2017: Financial Statement Analysis with Tim Sims of Impact Financial
- December 6th, 2017: Adjusting for Adversity Panel with Bianca Anderson of Border Crossers, Bindu Chowritmootoo of P5 Performance, Aassia Haq of Guiddrr, and Paula Minnis of Gaia Empowered Women
- January 10th, 2018: Business Branding with Tina Young of MarketWave
- February 7th, 2018: Human Resources and Compliance with Kayla Butler of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- April 11th, 2018: Scaling and Expansion with Veeral Rathod of J. Hilburn
- May 9th, 2018: Continuing Education for Entrepreneurs with Cynthia Nevels of Integrality