Tom Green County is partnering with PeopleFund to provide financial relief to small businesses in Tom Green County impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The program will provide grants of $5,000-10,000 to small businesses eligible under the program.
The program will open on 6/1/2022 and close on 6/15/2022. Total amount of funds available are $500,000 and award amounts are as follows:
- Total 2021 annual revenue of $50,000- $250,000 is eligible for a $5,000 grant
- Total 2021 annual revenue of $250,001 – $750,000 is eligible for a $10,000 grant
Please note that you are eligible for the Tom Green County ARPA Grant even if you received the San Angelo CARES Small Business Grant in 2021.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
- 6/1/2022: Application opens
- 6/1/2022 – 6/15/2022: Applications are accepted
- 6/15/2022: Application closes
- 6/15/2022 – 7/7/2022: Applications are evaluated
- 7/8/2022: All awardees are notified of their approval status
- 7/29/2022: All grant money is dispersed
**Award decisions will not be made until the application has closed. Please do not contact PeopleFund for a status update on your application, all status updates will be provided within the application platform on dates listed.
- Business must have been in operation on or prior to 1/1/2020
- Business must be located within Tom Green County. Businesses not located within Tom Green County are disqualified.
- Applicant must have annual revenue of at least $50,000, and no more than $750,000 in 2021.
- Applicant must have experienced a reduction in revenue of at least 15% since March 2020 that was a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicant must provide signed IRS W-9 form and a business TIN, EIN or SSN.
- Applicant must verify that they are not involved in any litigation against Tom Green County
- Applicant must verify that as of January 2021 they were not in arrears on any existing Agreement nor defaulted on a previous Agreement with Tom Green County
- Applicant must verify that they are not debarred, suspended, terminated, or otherwise excluded from (or ineligible to) transact with a federal, state, or local government entity or agency
- Applicant must verify that as of January 2021 they were not delinquent on taxes due to Tom Green County
- Applicant must not be involved in any ineligible business activity: non-profit, adult entertainment, gambling or gaming, real estate investment or passive real estate income, or anything deemed federally illegal
This application requires that you upload certain documents to verify your eligibility and to determine grant need. The documents you will need to have ready are as follows:
- Secretary of State business filing or Assumed Name certificate, if you are formally registered
- Profit and Loss statement for 2021, separated by quarter
- 2019 and 2020 business tax return in full
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
To receive an invitation when the application goes live on 6/1/2022, please fill out our interest form here. You can also submit questions you might have about the eligibility requirements or program using the form. If you are needing assistance compiling any required documents, please schedule an appointment with the Angelo State University Small Business Development Center:
Business Resource Center
69 N. Chadbourne St., San Angelo, TX 76903