If you have questions about this program, please call 469-676-8251 or fill out our interest form here.
Application deadline: October 16th – 5:00 PM MST
PeopleFund is offering grants to eligible business owners in El Paso, specifically independent contractors and sole proprietors without employees, within City limits, navigating COVID-19 response. This program will provide grants of up to $5,000 to eligible independent contractors and sole proprietors that have suffered business losses due to business interruptions caused by COVID-19.
In order to be eligible, businesses:
- Must be a small business, sole proprietor, or independent contractor WITHOUT W-2 employees (contract/1099 employees do not factor into your employee headcount)
- Must be located within the City of El Paso
- Must have experienced a loss of 15% or more in revenue due to COVID
- Must have been in operations since Oct. 1, 2019
- Total gross annual revenue cannot exceed $2,000,000 for 2019
- Cannot be involved in the following ineligible activities: non-profits, franchises, real estate or property investment income, adult entertainment, gambling/gaming, anything federally barred
The following documentation is required in order to verify eligibility:
- Proof of business operations prior to Oct. 1, 2019 (DBA/SOS filing OR 2018 tax return OR 2019 monthly Profit and Loss statement)
- Proof of gross revenue (2019 tax return OR 2019 Profit and Loss statement OR 2019 monthly business bank statements)
- Proof of 15% loss in revenue (2020 Profit and Loss statement, monthly if possible OR 2020 monthly business bank statements)
Applicants will be contacted for further documentation or verification, if needed. Applicants will enter a lottery system, random selection will occur in late October. Grantees will then be notified, will execute a grant agreement, and be awarded through an account of their choosing.
*Round 1 of this grant ended on September 15th. If you submitted an application for funding in round 1, you are ineligible to submit an application for funding in round 2. You will be notified of your award status or request for more information by September 30th, if you submitted a grant application before the September 15th deadline.
The City of El Paso is a governmental body subject to the Texas Public Information Act. Information you submit to City of El Paso in this application may be subject to the Act and, therefore, subject to public release. The City or third party administrator reserves the right to request further documentation and information as it deems necessary.