January 25th | Austin | New Year, New You.
Taxes 101 – Your Money, Your Values – Work For Yourself @ 50+ with AARP.
4:00pm – 5:00pm | Taxes 101
With new changes to the tax code, taxes are more complicated than ever. Learn how to best complete and navigate your personal taxes with plenty of time to prepare them.
5:00pm – 6:00pm | Your Money, Your Values.
You are what you…spend? In this session, we’ll examine the relationship between money and values, and how your financial habits can influence (or impede) your goals. A Money Coach will offer guidance on managing your finances so that you spend and save your money in ways that feel purposeful—and in line with what you care about most.
6:00pm – 8:00pm | Work for Yourself @ 50+
he decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for [email protected]+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
- A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
- Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
- A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
- Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
- Ways to find trustworthy support and services
Connect with contacts, tools, and skills to build your business.
Register below for free PeopleConnect workshops in your community. For questions or more information, please contact us.