At PeopleFund, we want to see your small business succeed. The PeopleTalk Entrepreneur Education Series offers a unique opportunity to learn from successful entrepreneurs and community leaders. Hear about their business journey, from lessons learned to professional advice from experienced CEOs. Lunch is included and questions are welcome. Now’s your chance to think big picture about the future of your small business and pick the brains of our community’s best and brightest. Since 2005, PeopleTalk has been presented by Bank of America.
Past San Antonio Speakers
- Jody Bailey Newman – Food Entrepreneur; The Friendly Spot Ice House, Alamo Street Eat Bar food truck park, and B&D Ice House
- Shokare Nakpodia – Founding Partner and Creative Director, The MightyGroup
Past Dallas/Fort Worth Speakers
- Gail Warrior – Founder and CEO, Warrior Group & Warrior Elements
- Betsy Price – City Mayor, City of Fort Worth
- Veronica Torres – Founder, V12 Yoga and Director of Business Development for the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Irvin Ashford – Senior Vice President of Corporate and Public Affairs, Director of Community Development and External Affairs Comerica Bank
- Andre Angel – Founder and CEO, Tango Tab
Past Austin Speakers
- Gordon Logan – Founder & CEO, SportClips
- Patrick Terry – Founder & CEO, P.Terry’s Burger Stand
- Dan Graham – Founder and CEO, BuildASign.com
- Tim League – Founder, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas
- Roy Spence – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- Judy Trabulsi – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- John Paul DeJoria – Founder, Paul Mitchell Systems and the Grow Appalachia Project
- Evan Smith – Former Editor, Texas Monthly Magazine and Editor of Texas Tribune
- Dr. Mohammad Yumus – Grameen Bank and Nobel Prize winner
Register for our FREE lunch and learn sessions in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.
Join us in San Antonio on November 7 for PeopleTalk with Elijah May of The Experience Firm.
Elijah May is co-founder and managing partner of The Experience Firm, a customer experience consultancy focused on building brands and driving word of mouth. Elijah’s career as a brand strategist spans over two decades and began at his alma mater, the University of Southern California, where he managed the University’s appearance in commercials, TV shows and movies. Since moving to Austin in 2006, he has launched numerous startups, lectured at every college and University in town, and designed customer experiences for some of the world’s most famous brands. His personal mission is to help companies realize the ROI of investing in people.
When: Wednesday, November 7 from 11:30am – 1:00pm
Where: PeopleFund San Antonio, MAUC Center
2300 W. Commerce St. #309
Join us in Houston on November 14 for PeopleTalk with Deidre Mathis of Wanderstay Hotels.
Where can you find Deidre Mathis? Hanging out with penguins in Antarctica, paragliding in New Zealand, and bathing rescue elephants in Thailand. She is also making history as the first African-American female hostel owner in the United States. A keynote speaker, author, and budget traveler, Deidre was inspired to open her own hostel “Wanderstay Houston” after a trip to Greece. She has been featured in Forbes, The Houston Chronicle, Jacksonville Magazine, and was recently honored as a Top-50 Business Professional awardee by D-Mars Business Journal. With a passion for travel and helping people come together, Deidre is passionate about inspiring other business women and travelers interested in exploring the world and being their own boss.
When: Wednesday, November 14 from 11:30am – 1:00pm
Where: PeopleFund Houston
2101 South Street Suite 127
Join us in Austin on November 15 for PeopleTalk with Min Choe, Angell Tsang, & Eunice Tsang of Tso Delivery.
Delicious food, great service, affordable prices, and you don’t have to leave your home? Look no further because Tso Delivery has you covered. A homegrown Austin based company, Tso Delivery was launched in 2017 by the team behind Jenna’s Asian Kitchen. One of the first delivery-only restaurants in the city, Tso focuses on bringing delicious and affordable food to your location without the hassle of reservations or wait times. Co-founders Min Choe, Angell Tsang, and Eunice Tsang bring years of experience to the table when it comes to knowledge of a healthy business model.
When: Thursday, November 15 from 11:30am – 1:00pm
Where: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – Mueller
1911 Aldrich St #120