At PeopleFund, we want to see your small business succeed. The PeopleTalk Entrepreneur Education Series offers a unique opportunity to learn from successful entrepreneurs and community leaders. Hear about their business journey, from lessons learned to professional advice from experienced CEOs. Lunch is included and questions are welcome. Now’s your chance to think big picture about the future of your small business and pick the brains of our community’s best and brightest. Since 2005, PeopleTalk has been presented by Bank of America.
Past San Antonio Speakers
- Jody Bailey Newman – Food Entrepreneur; The Friendly Spot Ice House, Alamo Street Eat Bar food truck park, and B&D Ice House
Past Dallas/Fort Worth Speakers
- Gail Warrior – Founder and CEO, Warrior Group & Warrior Elements
- Betsy Price – City Mayor, City of Fort Worth
- Veronica Torres – Founder, V12 Yoga and Director of Business Development for the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Irvin Ashford – Senior Vice President of Corporate and Public Affairs, Director of Community Development and External Affairs Comerica Bank
- Andre Angel – Founder and CEO, Tango Tab
Past Austin Speakers
- Gordon Logan – Founder & CEO, SportClips
- Patrick Terry – Founder & CEO, P.Terry’s Burger Stand
- Dan Graham – Founder and CEO, BuildASign.com
- Tim League – Founder, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas
- Roy Spence – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- Judy Trabulsi – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- John Paul DeJoria – Founder, Paul Mitchell Systems and the Grow Appalachia Project
- Evan Smith – Former Editor, Texas Monthly Magazine and Editor of Texas Tribune
- Dr. Mohammad Yumus – Grameen Bank and Nobel Prize winner
Join us in San Antonio on November 1st for PeopleTalk with Shokare Nakpodia of TheMightyGroup.
Shokare Nakpodia is a founding Partner and Creative Director of The MightyGroup—a full service communications agency established in 2002, located just east of Downtown San Antonio. Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Sho lived and worked in London and New York prior to making the move to San Antonio, a little over 15 years ago. His diverse professional and academic training in civil engineering, fine arts and graphic design have taken him to four continents around the globe. Sho received his early break in New York producing illustrations for the New York Times and providing promotional services for Sprint Nextel. Fifteen years later, he has built a career straddling design, advertising and marketing. The MightyGroup’s “media for community empowerment” ethos defines the ability to provide clear, innovative, far-reaching advertising and marketing to diverse local markets. Sho’s aptitude and passion for creative direction is well substantiated by his extensive background in writing, illustration, interactive design and photography. He has worked with a number of corporate, city and civic clients throughout the nation, and his personal commitment to the growth of San Antonio’s diverse community has led to his founding of DreamVoice, the LLC promoters of DreamWeek San Antonio. DreamWeek is a multi-day summit that advances the voices of tolerance, diversity, and equality. Sho currently serves on the boards of Centro, Alamo Chamber of Commerce, Hemisfair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation, Blue Star Contemporary, Children’s Rehabilitation Institute Teleton USA, and Goodwill Industries of San Antonio.
When: Wednesday, November 1st from 11:30am – 1:00pm
708 W Summit Ave, San Antonio, TX 78212