At PeopleFund, we want to see your small business succeed. The PeopleTalk Entrepreneur Education Series offers a unique opportunity to learn from successful entrepreneurs and community leaders. Hear about their business journey, from lessons learned to professional advice from experienced CEOs. Lunch is included and questions are welcome. Now’s your chance to think big picture about the future of your small business and pick the brains of our community’s best and brightest.
Past Dallas Speakers
- Veronica Torres – Founder, V12 Yoga and Director of Business Development for the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Irvin Ashford – Senior Vice President of Corporate and Public Affairs, Director of Community Development and External Affairs Comerica Bank
- Andre Angel – Founder and CEO, Tango Tab
Past Austin Speakers
- Dan Graham – Founder and CEO, BuildASign.com
- Tim League – Founder, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas
- Roy Spence – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- Judy Trabulsi – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- John Paul DeJoria – Founder, Paul Mitchell Systems and the Grow Appalachia Project
- Evan Smith – Former Editor, Texas Monthly Magazine and Editor of Texas Tribune
- Dr. Mohammad Yumus – Grameen Bank and Nobel Prize winner
Join us in Austin on June 4th for PeopleTalk featuring Patrick Terry of P.Terry’s Burger Stand.
Patrick Terry along with his wife, Kathy founded P. Terry’s Burger Stand in July of 2005 at the corner of Lamar and Barton Springs in Austin, TX. As the first restaurant in Austin to offer all-natural beef and chicken along with fresh cut french fries, P. Terry’s quickly established itself as an alternative to regular fast food fare. Today there are nine P. Terry’s locations with four more planned in 2015, all in the Austin area. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, Patrick began his career in advertising at Tracy-Locke/BBDO in Dallas where he worked on the accounts of Philips Petroleum, Ben Hogan Golf and Frito-Lay. Patrick came back to Austin in 1985 as the Director of the Texas Sesquicentennial Commission where he oversaw Texas’ 150th birthday in 1986. Before opening P. Terry’s he created Rizano’s Italian restaurant with two locations which he sold in 1993. Patrick is married to Kathy, they have two children, Kate and Caroline.
Location: Alamo Drafthouse Village, 2700 W. Anderson Lane Austin
Register HERE for PeopleTalk Austin with Patrick Terry on June 4th from 11:30am – 1:00pm.
Join us in Fort Worth on July 22nd for PeopleTalk featuring Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price.
Betsy Price, a Fort Worth native, was elected in 2011 as the 44th mayor of the City of Fort Worth. In 2013, Price ran unopposed and was re-elected to a second two-year term. As the 16th largest city in the United States, Fort Worth remains one of the fastest growing large cities in the country. Along with her focus on promoting jobs, strengthening education, fighting crime and improving mobility, Price has made significant strides along the path toward her vision of a healthy, engaged and fiscally responsible city.
Location: Fort Worth Business Assistance Center, 1150 South Freeway, Fort Worth
Register HERE for PeopleTalk Fort Worth/Dallas with Betsy Price on July 22nd.