At PeopleFund, we want to see your small business succeed. The PeopleTalk Speaker Series, presented by Bank of America, offers a unique opportunity to learn from successful entrepreneurs and community leaders. Hear about their business journey, from lessons learned to professional advice from experienced CEOs. Now’s your chance to think big picture about the future of your small business and pick the brains of our community’s best and brightest.
Past Houston Speakers
- Deidre Mathis – Founder and CEO, Wanderstay Hotels
Past San Antonio Speakers
- Elijah May – Co-founder and Managing Partner, The Experience Firm
- Jody Bailey Newman – Food Entrepreneur; The Friendly Spot Ice House, Alamo Street Eat Bar food truck park, and B&D Ice House
- Shokare Nakpodia – Founding Partner and Creative Director, The MightyGroup
Past Dallas/Fort Worth Speakers
- Jaime DeLaRosa – Co-founder and Managing Partner, Precision Hail & Collision
- Gail Warrior – Founder and CEO, Warrior Group & Warrior Elements
- Betsy Price – City Mayor, City of Fort Worth
- Veronica Torres – Founder, V12 Yoga and Director of Business Development for the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Irvin Ashford – Senior Vice President of Corporate and Public Affairs, Director of Community Development and External Affairs Comerica Bank
- Andre Angel – Founder and CEO, Tango Tab
Past Austin Speakers
- Min Choe, Angell Tsang, and Eunice Tsang – Co-founders, Tso Delivery
- Gordon Logan – Founder and CEO, SportClips
- Patrick Terry – Founder and CEO, P.Terry’s Burger Stand
- Dan Graham – Founder and CEO, BuildASign.com
- Tim League – Founder, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas
- Roy Spence – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- Judy Trabulsi – Co-Founder, GSD&M
- John Paul DeJoria – Founder, Paul Mitchell Systems and the Grow Appalachia Project
- Evan Smith – Former Editor, Texas Monthly Magazine and Editor of Texas Tribune
- Dr. Mohammad Yumus – Grameen Bank and Nobel Prize winner
Know someone you think we should invite to speak? Email us.
May 3rd (Tuesday), 2022
Join us for PeopleFund’s Austin PeopleTalk Speaker Series!
Kick-off Small Business Week with PeopleFund‘s PeopleTalk Speaker Series presented by Bank of America. This intimate event will be filled with an inspiring panel of Austin entrepreneurs and complimentary cider from Moontower Cider Company and tacos from Vaquero Taquero. Join us as we learn from our speakers’ journeys of challenges, pivots, and strategic decisions that have helped them get where they are today. Now’s your chance to think about the future of your small business and pick the brains of our community’s best and brightest!
Register today to save your spot!
How to attend: This event is free and open to the public with an Eventbrite RSVP. Space is limited so make sure to grab your ticket today!
How to get there: The event is located at Moontower Cider Company at 1916 Tillery St, Austin, TX 78723.
When to arrive: The panel will kick off at 6:30pm on the dot, but we highly recommend you arrive when doors open at 6:00pm for guaranteed entry and to enjoy our complimentary catering from PeopleFund clients, Vaquero Taquero and Moontower Cider. Must be 21+ to drink!
Any additional questions? Just email [email protected]
Interested in More PeopleFund Small Business Week Events?
As a continuation of the PeopleTalk Speaker Series, PeopleFund will offer a follow-up deep dive session on Friday, May 6th, to a limited number of attendees. Inspired by the learnings gained at PeopleTalk, The Art of Goal Setting will take a deep dive into the process of goal setting and help you learn about strategies that will empower you to meet the goals you set. By the end of the course, you’ll leave with an action plan unique to your business and have connected with like-minded peers who can help keep you accountable in your journey.
Be the first to know about PeopleTalk in your area and subscribe to our newsletter: