The City of San Angelo and Tom Green County are partnering with PeopleFund to provide financial relief to San Angelo small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The program will provide grants of $5,000-15,000 to small businesses eligible under the program. Grants will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
This program will start accepting applications on February 1st and will close on March 15th. Please click here if you would like to be notified when this program opens and/or you have questions about the program.
To learn more about resources in the City of San Angelo, please click here.
Eligibility & Documentation Required:
- Applicant must be registered with the Secretary of State of Texas as a valid business on or before January 1, 2020.
- Businesses must be located in Tom Green County. Businesses not located within Tom Green County are not eligible.
- Applicant shall demonstrate either a total 2020 annual net income under $100,000 but no less than $5,000 or a reduction in revenue of at least 15% since March 2020 that was a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Documentation can include tax returns, financial statements, and other financial and employment data, including IRS form 941.
- Application must provide signed IRS W-9 form and a business TIN, EIN or SSN.
- Applicant must verify that they are not involved in any litigation against the City of San Angelo.
- Applicant must verify that as of March 2020 they were not in arrears on any existing Agreement nor defaulted on a previous Agreement with the City of San Angelo.
- Applicant must verify that they are not debarred, suspended, terminated, or otherwise excluded from (or ineligible to) transact with a federal, state, or local government entity or agency.
- Applicant must verify that as of March 2020 they were not delinquent on taxes due to the City of San Angelo.
Grants will be awarded by the following:
- Total annual revenue of $0- $250,000 is eligible for a $5,000 grant
- Total annual revenue of $250,000 – $500,000 is eligible for a $10,000 grant
- Total annual revenue of $500,000-$1,000,000 is eligible for a $15,000 grant