The City of San Angelo and Tom Green County are partnering with PeopleFund to provide financial relief to San Angelo small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The program will provide grants of $5,000-15,000 to small businesses eligible under the program.
This application is now closed. All award decisions will be announced by the 25th and communicated in the Lenderfit application platform.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
- 2/1/2021: Application opens; everyone who has completed an interest form will receive a personalized application link by 12:00 PM CT
- 2/1/2021 – 3/15/2021: Applications are accepted and evaluated for eligibility; everyone who has filled out an interest form by 3/15/2021 will receive a personalized application link and be able to apply within the application window
- 3/15/2021: Application closes
- 3/25/2021: All awardees notified of their approval status
**Award decisions will not be made until the application has closed. Please do not contact PeopleFund for a status update on your application, all status updates will be provided within the application platform on dates listed.
- Must have been in operations prior to 1/1/2020
- Must have experienced a reduction in revenue since March of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic OR have an annual gross revenue of less than $100,000, but greater than $5,000
- Must be located within Tom Green County
- Applicant must verify that they are not involved in any litigation against the City of San Angelo or Tom Green County
- Applicant must verify that as of March 2020 they were not in arrears on any existing Agreement nor defaulted on a previous Agreement with the City of San Angelo or Tom Green County
- Applicant must verify that they are not debarred, suspended, terminated, or otherwise excluded from (or ineligible to) transact with a federal, state, or local government entity or agency
- Applicant must verify that as of March 2020 they were not delinquent on taxes due to the City of San Angelo or Tom Green County
- Applicant must not be involved in any ineligible business activity: non-profit, adult entertainment, gambling or gaming, real estate investment or passive real estate income, or anything deemed federally illegal
This application requires that you upload certain documents to verify your eligibility and to determine grant need. The documents you will need to have ready are as follows:
- Secretary of State business filing or Assumed Name certificate, if you are formally registered
- Profit and Loss statements for 2020, separated by quarter
- 2019 business tax return in full
For questions in regards to your eligibility, please fill out our interest form here with a detailed note regarding your request. If you are needing assistance filling out the application or compiling any required documents, you may also schedule an appointment with the Angelo State University Small Business Development Center:
To learn more about resources in the City of San Angelo, please click here.