Preparation of business tax returns can be very complex in light of the ever-changing tax laws especially the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2017. Gain familiarity with the tax forms, due dates and financial information required to accurately complete various business tax returns. Reduce your stress and frustrations by understanding what is needed before you start. This workshop will also give you the key to understanding that tax is a good thing!
This workshop will help participants:
• Understand the effects of the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2017 including an overview of the new QBI deduction for business owners and the new tax brackets
• Identify the types of tax forms to be completed for various types of business entities
• Be familiar with the filing dates for both federal and state tax return filings
• Be acquainted with income tax jargon and concepts including self-employment tax
• Understand the interrelationship of the business owner and the business entity and how the taxes due are ultimately calculated
Speaker: Lisa Bargsley, CPA, MBA
For more than twenty-five years, Lisa has worked and consulted with business owners and entrepreneurs on business systems management, work life balance, and federal income tax requirements. Currently, Lisa owns Lisa Bargsley, CPA which provides tax, accounting and consulting services to business owners and individuals. She is responsible for leading the vision and strategic planning process, long-term and short-term management decisions, client development, retention and service strategies. Lisa’s passion is to work with people to help them understand tax and accounting theory as it relates to their business or personal circumstances. Lisa approaches teaching business concepts by asking her students to play with her, to have fun and to laugh.