PeopleFund has established itself as an important source of capital and resources for small businesses, nonprofits and startups located in our region’s low-income neighborhoods.
Loan volume has increased steadily every year since inception and there is every sign that this growth will continue. By working to achieve both tangible community impact and sound business practices, PeopleFund has seen remarkable success since 1995.
Recent Awards Include:
Awards and Recognition
- 2012 Deal Day Outstanding Lender Award
- Nominee, 2011 Envision Central Texas Community Stewardship Award
- 2010 Greenlights for Nonprofit Success Innovation Award
- SBA Certified Microlender and 7a Community Advantage Lender
- 2006 Austin Business Journal Profiles in Power Winner awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz
- 5 CDFI Awards from the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- 2004 National Wachovia Excellence Award from National Community Capital in recognition of our leadership on economic issues facing low-income people.
- 2004 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz.
- Austinite of the Year 2003 awarded to PeopleFund Executive Director, Margo Weisz.
- CARS Analysis rating of AA2+. CARS or CDFI Assessment and Rating System is a comprehensive, third-party analysis of community development financial institutions.